There are so many varieties of strimmers available that even if you find a place to shop for strimmers, it can be very confusing to find the right one for your requirement. And if unfortunately you buy the wrong strimmer then it will be very frustrating for you. Some problems that you may come across are line getting jammed or lawn edges not getting neatly cut, weeds and long grass cannot be trimmed etc.
Some tips that can save you from wrong purchase are the following:
- If you are looking for a strimmer to trim areas by the side of the edges of the garden where the mower will not be able to reach, then you can buy a simple strimmer which will have basic features. This will be enough to fulfill your purpose. In such case, you do not have to opt for an extending shaft or a rotating head; instead the one with plastic blade will be fine.
- If you want a strimmer for longer grass then a more powerful strimmer will be needed because it will be cutting through the grasses as well as debris will be thrown away. Hence, a strimmer with line will be appropriate for this purpose.
- Go for a brush cutter if you are facing problem with those tough weeds. This strimmer comprises of a triangular metal plate which is capable of spinning at a very high speed.
- You can buy a strimmer with rotating head if you have to cut your garden area and path edges.
- If you do not want to handle the weight of the strimmer at all, then you can buy strimmers that come with wheels which will support the weight of the strimmer.
- You should buy a strimmer in which the handles can move easily to various angles along the shaft so that the strimmer can be held comfortably.